30/09/2009

Tyler Brule and Twitter, take three.

Mr. Bruce Nussbaum from Business Week responded to Mr. Brule’s recent comments about Twitter (please see my post below). He wrote:

A good Twitter posse is better than a Google algorithm in ferreting out important and useful insights.

I do agree - it is quite great to ask/see what people are thinking/reading/tweeting about.

Mr. Brule’s created a mini Twitter-storm with his column. I typed his name into Twitter’s search engine and there are a lot, and I mean a lot, of messages about it. Unsurprisingly the reaction has not been positive. One user, going by the name ‘absolutrufus’ wrote:

I thought Tyler Brule’s column hating on Twitter started out great, but flamed out. I stopped reading after the first 140 characters.

I still think there is a lot of noise on social networking web sites and the real skill for the future would be to edit it and make it useful.